Zimmerman’s Dairy is proud to provide its customers with the best-iced tea that the Keystone state has to offer. In fact, Zimmerman’s Dairy iced tea is our signature drink that, in the opinion of our customers, “will knock your socks off”. Not only does it have a delectable flavor that no other ice tea can compare to, but it is an excellent choice to use when making everyone’s favorite adult beverage – Ice Picks. In this article, we share an ice pick summer cocktail recipe that is sure to have you coming back for more.
Zimmerman’s Dairy Iced Tea: Savory & Sweet
Zimmerman’s Dairy iced tea is a refreshing drink that tastes great on a hot summer day. It is the perfect blend of sweet and sour and is easily one of our most popular drinks. After you take one sip, you’ll say ““ahhh”, and all of the stresses and worries of the day will instantly go away. Well, maybe not, but at least you will enjoy its refreshing taste, giving you the relaxed feeling that you need after a hard day of work. Want to spice it up a bit? Our iced tea is the perfect drink to add to an ice pick.
Iced tea and vodka are a match made in heaven and this is why ice picks are easily everyone’s favorite summer cocktail. It is a great beverage to serve at summer cookouts, pool parties, and more. Impress your friends by using the recipe below:
Ice Pick: The Perfect Summer Cocktail
This mouth-watering summer cocktail is a simple mixed drink that consists primarily of vodka and iced tea. It is great for impromptu gatherings since it features ingredients that are readily available. It’s so easy to mix that even a cocktail novice can make it! Its simplicity is a great way to cool off on a hot summer day.
- 6 ounces Zimmerman’s iced tea
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Lemon wheel, to garnish
Sometimes, we like to add some mint leaves or some freshly crushed raspberries to spruce it up a bit. Mix the above ingredients and give it a try!
Out of vodka? Grab the bourbon instead and make it a Kentucky ice pick. The portions are the same. All you need to do is substitute the 1 ½ ounces of vodka for 1 ½ ounce of bourbon and voilà – you have a Kentucky ice pick. It’s so good it’ll dill your pickle.
Why Is Iced Tea So Good For Your Body?
There’s nothing quite like a glass of iced tea on a hot summer day. It’s an instant mood lift that can turn a bad day around. It reduces anxiety and brings down stress levels. However, did you know that iced tea offers many other benefits? It has vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Not only that, but this weight-watchers delight will make you feel fuller for longer. Other benefits include:
- Ice tea hydrates you. According to the Harvard Public School of Health, ice tea is the best source of hydration, right after H2O.
- Iced tea is good for your teeth. It can inhibit the growth of bacteria and help prevent plaque build-up.
- Drinking iced tea is better for you than soda. Soda may seem like the solution to fulfill a sweet tooth but drinking a glass of iced tea is actually better. Soda does not have any nutritional value and offers basically empty calories. Iced tea, on the other hand, is a powerhouse of nutrients.
- Iced tea is rich in manganese which aids in digestion and makes your body utilize fat more efficiently. You can use iced tea to fire up your metabolism.
- Tea also has polyphenol antioxidants which neutralize the free radicals in the body. They also boost collagen production and help repair damaged cells.