Zimmerman’s Dairy is a family-owned and operated company that is proud to offer the freshest milk, butter, and eggs. We also offer our own line of drinks that have easily become some of our customers’ go-to on a hot summer day. One of our tasty beverages is our famous Orange Drink, the perfect blend of tangy and sweet flavors. Not only is our Orange Drink a favorite among many but it can be used in different recipes that call for orange juice. In this article, we will share an orange popsicle recipe that your whole family will love.
Pennsylvania is notorious for its hot and humid weather. There’s nothing quite like a summer treat to beat the heat. You can either enjoy a fresh glass of Zimmerman’s Dairy Orange Drink as a stand-alone or you can use it in a recipe like the orange popsicle recipe found below.
Orange Popsicle – Ice Pops
These orange-flavored ice popsicles are just about anybody’s favorite. They are packed full of flavor and offer a great way to cool down on a hot summer day. Even better, they are easy to make and they taste FAR better than the store-bought ones! The simplicity of these popsicles makes them appealing to any busy mom as it’s a fast and easy treat to make. Your kids can even help make them – a big bonus when you need to find something for your kids to do. Your kids are sure to LOVE them. Make sure you have popsicle molds on hand. If not, you can always use paper cups, plastic cups, an ice cube tray, or yogurt containers. Give it a try!
Check out the recipe below:
- 1 cup Zimmerman’s Orange Drink
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- 8 strawberries
- 8 raspberries
- In a measuring cup, mix together Zimmerman’s Orange Drink and the pineapple juice and set aside.
- Rinse and dry fruit. Remove stems from strawberries and chop fruit into small bite-sized pieces. Divide fruit evenly among molds. You want each mold to be between 30-50% full of fruit.
- Pour juice mixture into molds until they are full.
- Add sticks or handles.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or at least until molds are set.
These popsicles are colorful, which makes them particularly appealing for young kids. Also, they are getting some vital vitamin C and other nutrients from the fruit that’s in them. You can also leave out the fruit if you’re not a big fan, simplifying them even further.
How To Customize Your Orange Popsicles
Follow the suggestions below to customize this popsicle recipe:
- Fruit: Just like the recipe above, you can always add fruit. It doesn’t have to be the exact fruits that I listed above. Go crazy! Feel free to add:
- And more!
- Veggies: You can blend all of the ingredients listed above and add some veggies to them. We like to add some spinach, vanilla yogurt, and yes, even some carrots! This is your popsicle, make it the way you want it!
- Protein Powder: Add some protein powder to the mix for some added benefits!
- Booze: Yes, you read that correctly, add some booze. Adults like popsicles too and are, in fact, gaining popularity. With the recipe above, you can add your favorite drink to it. Don’t forget that liquors like gin, vodka, and whiskey don’t freeze. We like to add a hard seltzer to spruce things up a bit.
As you can see, these orange popsicles are a great summer treat. You can do just about anything with them – whether it’s for a group of kids or a fun summer adult popsicle. Give it a try and let us know what you think. As always, be sure to order your Orange Drink From Zimmerman’s Dairy today!