Around 1900, Zimmerman’s Dairy began selling milk door to door using a buggy with a team of horses as seen in this picture.
Just imagine navigating northeast Pennsylvania’s dirt roads with a load of milk cans on one of these rigs. It was not a job for the faint of heart.
A few years later, around 1910, the rigs got slightly more sophisticated. We even had our name painted on the side.
The “A” is for Aaron Zimmerman who is the great-grandfather and great-great-grandfather of the current owners.
In the 1940s we began complete automation in our bottling process and upgraded our transportation line.
We wish we still had this truck. She is a beauty.
Here is a photo of Thomas Aaron Zimmerman Sr. He is the son of Aaron Zimmerman.
He is overlooking a portion of the packaging facility at our New Mahoning location in 1949.
This is a picture of our current location many years before we acquired it.
The dairy known as Small & Koch owned and operated at this location into the 1930’s at which time it was taken over by Guerstlauer’s Dairy.
Guerstlauer’s Dairy became Zimmerman-Guerstlauer’s Dairy in the late 1960’s.
In this picture you can see the size and shape of our buildings as they stand today.
We are proud to continue delivering great drinks to our community!